Raleigh Felony Crime Attorney
Felony Charges in North Carolina
One of the most serious crimes which you can be arrested for or charged with is a felony offense. Felony convictions typically carry the most severe and lasting penalties. Are you currently looking for an experienced Raleigh criminal defense attorney to represent you against an accusation of a felony?
Why clients choose Clifford Law Group:
- Free consultations for criminal cases
- A history of satisfied clients
- 24/7 phone availability
- Numerous cases handled successfully
At Clifford Law Group, we are dedicated to providing quality representation and ensuring that your rights and future are protected and defended. If you choose our firm, you can rely on us to go the extra mile for your case and put together an effective, aggressive defense.
Contact us today to find out how we can provide you with comprehensive defense against a felony charge.
If you are facing a complex legal matter, it is vital that you retain the immediate representation of Clifford Law Group. The right attorney may make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Make the smart choice – enlist the supportive assistance of our Raleigh natives today.
Felony Sentencing in North Carolina
In North Carolina, felony charges are organized into ten classes ranging from Class A to Class I. Each class of felony carries a different maximum prison sentence. In addition to prison time, a conviction could lead to heavy fines, community service requirements, and other penalties decided by the court.
Class A Felonies
- Crimes include: 1st-degree murder
- Maximum punishment: Death penalty or life without parole
Class B Felonies
- Crimes include: 2nd-degree murder, 1st-degree forcible rape
- Maximum punishment: Life without parole
Class C Felonies
- Crimes include: 2nd-degree forcible rape, 1st-degree kidnapping, embezzlement of more than $100,000
- Maximum punishment: 231-months in prison
Class D Felonies
- Crimes include: Voluntary manslaughter, 1st-degree burglary, armed robbery
- Maximum punishment: 204-months in prison
Class E Felonies
- Crimes include: Selling or distributing a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, 2nd-degree kidnapping, certain kinds of assault
- Maximum punishment: 88-months in prison
Class F Felonies
- Crimes include: Involuntary manslaughter, assault inflicting serious bodily injury, habitual impaired driving
- Maximum punishment: 59-months in prison
Class G Felonies
- Crimes include: 2nd-degree burglary, identity theft, possession of a weapon by a felon
- Maximum punishment: 47-months in prison
Class H Felonies
- Crimes include: Possessing stolen goods, larceny of property worth more than $1,000, hit and run that results in an injury
- Maximum punishment: 39-months in prison
Class I Felonies
- Crimes include: Breaking or entering into a motor vehicle, cocaine possession, check forgery
- Maximum punishment: 24-months in prison
Working to Protect Your Rights
A criminal defense which is categorized as a felony can enforce serious consequences if a conviction is reached. Our goal is to do whatever it takes to seek alternative sentencing, lessened penalties, or a dismissal. We do this by thoroughly exploring every legal option which may be available to you and ensuring your rights are protected. You can count on our firm to be here for you during this overwhelming and stressful experience.
A few examples of crimes which may be charged as a felony include:
Request a Complimentary Case Consultation
If you are currently facing charges of a felony or have been arrested for a felony offense, you should not wait before hiring a competent attorney to represent you. Our Raleigh criminal defense lawyers and team are prepared to represent you in court and work towards a positive outcome. You can rely on us to truly take the severity of your situation into account and work to protect your best interest.
For a complimentary case evaluation, contact our Raleigh felony lawyer 24/7 at (919) 842-5461.